Friday, November 6, 2015

Fort Hood Murderer Got Paid, Wounded Still Waiting

Just a reminder on how much this all really stinks is this NBC reported Hasan was still getting paid in 2013
A military panel also ordered that Hasan be stripped of his military pay. However that order will not take effect until place 14 days following his sentencing. Hasan will continue to receive his full military salary until Sept. 10.

Earlier this year, NBC 5 Investigates was the first to report that the Department of Defense showed Hasan had been paid about $300,000 after his arrest for the Nov. 5, 2009, shooting.
Disgraceful when you consider the wounded are still waiting.
Fort Hood victim still waiting for injuries to be called ‘combat-related,’ despite Army pledge
FOX
By Catherine Herridge, Pamela Browne
Published November 06, 2015
Manning has received combat-related special compensation under the Purple Heart medal which amounts to $700 a month and a lump sum for back pay.
Six years after the Fort Hood massacre killed 13 and injured more than 30 others, at least one of the survivors says he is still fighting to have his gunshot wounds officially classified as "combat-related injuries," despite a pledge from the Army secretary to provide all possible benefits to the families.

"I hope that this can be fixed. I mean it isn't even necessarily about the benefits anymore, it's just, getting this fixed so I can put this behind me," Shawn Manning told Fox News.

Manning was a staff sergeant when he was shot six times by then Army psychiatrist Nidal Hasan on Nov. 5, 2009. Two bullets remain lodged in his back and leg. Yet he's still seeking the "combat-related" classification for his injuries from a military physical evaluation board.
read more here