Saturday, November 7, 2015

JBLM Soldier in Custody After Lakewood shooting

Police take JBLM soldier into custody in Lakewood shooting
The Associated Press
November 6, 2015

LAKEWOOD, Wash. — A soldier from Joint Base Lewis-McChord has surrendered in connection with a shooting that left one man critically injured Thursday, police said.

Lakewood police took 22-year-old Jesse Suhanec into custody Thursday evening without incident after he reportedly knocked on the door to a house in the Tillicum area of Lakewood and told the residents he was wanted by police.

The residents let him inside their house and called 911. Suhanec told them he had been hiding and was cooperative with police, according to Lt. Chris Lawler. A weapon also was recovered.
read more here

Police search for JBLM soldier in shooting case
The Associated Press
November 5, 2015
The soldier is reportedly missing from the base, and a government van that had been checked out by him was abandoned at the shooting scene.
LAKEWOOD, Wash. — A shooting in the Tillicum area of Lakewood left one man in critical condition Thursday while police searched for a shooter they say could be an active duty soldier from Joint Base Lewis-McChord.

Police say the shooting occurred just after 10 a.m. in the area of Grant Avenue Southwest near the base. After the report, police got a call about a man collapsed in his vehicle with gunshot wounds in the parking lot of a Popeye's Restaurant a few blocks away.

The man was taken to a nearby hospital, but he is expected to survive, Lakewood Police Lt. Chris Lawler said.
read more here