Thursday, March 17, 2016

Prince Harry "I Was Broken" After Having to Leave Afghanistan

'I was broken': Prince Harry reveals his devastation after he was withdrawn from Afghanistan... and how sharing an evacuation flight with amputees inspired him to launch the Invictus Games
Daily Mail UK
By KHALEDA RAHMAN
PUBLISHED: 08:36 EST, 17 March 2016
The 31-year-old Prince served for ten years in the British Army until 2015
He revealed his feelings after being withdrawn from the front line in 2008
He is now perfectly positioned to give wounded veterans a voice, he says
Harry launched the Invictus Games in 2014 after seeing how sport helped injured veterans at Colorado Warrior Games
Prince Harry was withdrawn after just ten weeks in Afghanistan amid safety concerns when news of his secret deployment was leaked in the media. Pictured above, he is pictured in Helmand Province in January 2008
Prince Harry revealed the poignant moment that 'broke him' in a television interview on Thursday – but also how it inspired him to become a champion for wounded veterans.

The 31-year-old, who served for ten years in the British Army, described his devastation after he was withdrawn from the front line during his first tour of duty in Afghanistan in early 2008.

Harry had been removed after just ten weeks in the Helmand Province amid safety concerns when news of his secret deployment was leaked in the media.

But it was only when he boarded his flight back to Britain that he saw the 'unbelievably traumatic injuries' his fellow soldiers had suffered, he told ABC's Good Morning America.
read more here

ABC Breaking News | Latest News Videos